Newport Brass is a proud partner in the EPA's WaterSense program. WaterSense seeks to protect the future of our nation's water supply by promoting water efficiency and enhancing the market of water-efficient products, programs, and practices.
WaterSense helps consumers identify water-efficient products and programs. The WaterSense label indicates that designated products and programs meet water efficiency and performance criteria. WaterSense labeled products will perform well, help save money, and encourage innovation in manufacturing.
Among its initiatives, WaterSense is partnering with manufactures, retailers, and distributors, and utilities to bring WaterSense products to the marketplace and make it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products.
To be considered for a WaterSense label, products must meet the following criteria:
- Perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Be about 20 percent more water-efficient than average products in that category.
- Realize water savings on a national level.
- Provide measurable results.
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options.
- Be effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label.
- Be independently certified.